Software Engineer and Researcher with over a decade of experience in industry and academia. I’m an expert in adaptive networking and control solutions for wireless mesh, where my interests lie in tackling next-generation industrial challenges such as: Smart Infrastructure, Wireless Control, and Cooperative Robotics.
Internet of Things (IoT), Mesh Networks, Secure Wireless Communications, Multi-Radio Systems, Industrial Wireless Control, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Drones, Autonomous Robotics, RF Backscatter
- PhD in “Software Defined Networking for the Industrial Internet of Things” from the University of Bristol, UK.
- MEng in Computer and Electronic Systems from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK.
- M. Baddeley. “Software Defined Networking for the Industrial Internet of Things”, Ph.D dissertation, Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Univ. Bristol, 2020. [bib | manuscript | slides]
Open Source Code Projects
- µSDN: A low-overhead SDN stack and lightweight controller for embedded devices. [bib | paper | slides]
- IEEE ICNP 2020 – “The Impact of the Physical Layer on the Performance of Concurrent Transmissions” [youtube (1:01:54) | slides]
- CPS-IoTBench 2020 – “Experimenting During Lockdown: The Importance of Remote Testbeds Post COVID” [youtube | slides]
(Co-)Organisation of Conferences
- Co-Chairing the 4th Workshop on Benchmarking Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet of Things (CPS-IoTBench). Virtual Conference. May 2021.
Technical Program Committee Memberships
- The 18th IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (SECON). Rome, Italy. July 2021.
- M. Baddeley, A. Aijaz, U. Raza, A. Stanoev, M. Schuß, CA. Boano, G. Oikonomou, “6TiSCH++ with Bluetooth 5 and Concurrent Transmissions” arxiv preprint arXiv:2010.09529, 2020 [bib | PDF]
- M. Baddeley, CA. Boano, A. Escobar-Molero, Y. Liu, X. Ma, U. Raza, M. Schuß, and A. Stanoev, “The Impact of the Physical Layer on the Performance of Concurrent Transmissions,” in IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP) May. 2020 [bib | PDF]
- Y. Jin, M. Baddeley, U. Raza, and M. Sooriyabandara, “Reliable and Power Confined Routing in Large and Densely Deployed 6TiSCH Mesh Networks” in IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Seoul, May. 2020 [bib | PDF]
- A. Stanoev, A. Aijaz, A. Portelli, and M. Baddeley, “Demo: Closed-Loop Control over Wireless – Remotely Balancing an Inverted Pendulum on Wheels,” in 2020 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN), Lyon, Feb. 2020. [bib | PDF]
- M. Baddeley, U. Raza, G. Oikonomou, R. Nejabati, M. Sooriyabandara and D. Simeonidou, “Atomic-SDN: Is Synchronous Flooding the Solution to Software Defined Networking in IoT?,” IEEE Access, May. 2019. [bib | PDF]
- M. Baddeley, A. Stanoev, U.Raza, Y.Jin, and M. Sooriyabandara, “Competition: Adaptive Software Defined Scheduling of Low Power Wireless Networks,” in 2019 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN), Feb. 2019. [bib | PDF]
- M. Baddeley, R. Nejabati, G. Oikonomou, M. Sooriyabandara, and D. Simeonidou, “Poster: Atomic-SDN: A Synchronous Flooding Framework for SDN Control of Low-Power Wireless,” in 2019 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN), Feb. 2019. [bib | PDF]
- M. Baddeley, R. Nejabati, G. Oikonomou, M. Sooriyabandara, and D. Simeonidou, “Evolving SDN for Low-Power IoT Networks,” in 2018 IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft), June. 2018. [bib | PDF]
- U. Raza, Y. Jin, A. Stanoev, M. Baddeley and M. Sooryiabandara, “Competition: CROWN Concurrent ReceptiOns in Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks,” in 2018 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN), Feb. 2018. [bib | PDF]
- M. Baddeley, R. Nejabati, G. Oikonomou, S. Gormus, M. Sooriyabandara and D. Simeonidou, “Isolating SDN control traffic with layer-2 slicing in 6TiSCH industrial IoT networks,” 2017 IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks (NFV-SDN), Nov. 2017. [bib | PDF]
Any opinions expressed in my posts or articles are mine alone and are not a reflection of my current employer, university, or working associates.